- 83% plan to increase investments in digital tools and technology, in particular AI as a driver of innovation and revenue growth, in the next 12-18 months.
- 52% intend to do the same for sustainability
Business leaders are starting 2024 with an increased level of optimism about their organization's future growth compared to 12 months ago, according to a report released today. The Capgemini Research Institute's Embracing a Brighter Future: Investment Priorities for 2024 report, explores the investment plans of 2,000 business leaders globally for the next 12-18 months. Customer experience, innovation, talent and skills, sustainability, and supply chains are strategic business areas set to benefit from increased investment.
According to the report, 56% of business leaders retain confidence in their organization's future growth despite current macroeconomic headwinds, up from 42% 12 months ago. However, less than a third of them are optimistic about the global operating environment.
"Our annual report on the sentiment and investment intentions of global business leaders provides cause for optimism at the start of 2024," said Aiman Ezzat, Chief Executive Officer at Capgemini. "Business leaders are beginning the year with an increased sense of confidence compared to 12 months ago, with technology and AI set to drive the next phase of the transition towards a more digital and sustainable global economy. It is good news that business leaders are increasing investments in a wide array of critical business areas from customer experience and innovation to talent and supply chains, and perhaps even more importantly sustainability. We have only scratched the surface of what digital tools and technologies, in particular AI, can achieve to reach these business objectives."
To continue reading, become an ALM digital reader
- Complimentary access to Consulting Magazine Online and digital edition
- Bi-monthly digital newsletter delivered to your inbox
- 1 free article* every 30 days to Consulting Magazine's sister publications
- Exclusive discounts on events and publications produced by ALM
Already have an account? Sign In