» View all
»The New War For Talent
When a meteorite blazed through the morning skies of central Russia in mid-February and exploded, the news media described it as a rare event. And it was. Fast forward one month and just about every government in the world is looking at the potential for a "rare event" to visit their borders, and wringing their hands over how to prepare for it.
»Here Comes Patient-Centric Health
U.S consumers are accustomed to choices. We often take for granted our ability to select products, price points and preferred channels. Why, then, do we as patients expect anything less from our healthcare providers?
»The Market Always Finds a Way
In the 1993 Steven Spielberg film Jurassic Park, the protagonists discovered at one point (to their horror) that the island’s dinosaurs, which had all been created the same gender, had somehow managed to reproduce. “Life always finds a way,” muttered Sam Neill’s character Dr. Alan Grant.
»2012 in Review, and a Look Ahead
Looking back, several market forces propelled global consulting demand, causing firms and clients to undertake larger and more ambitious engagements than in recent years. The rapidly changing nature of client needs and the continued evolution of provider capabilities converged around some key themes.
»Change and Collaboration—The Rx For a Healthy Life Sciences Industry
For many of us in the U.S., it’s time to update healthcare benefit selections and learn of new or revised healthcare insurance plan offerings, options, and features. In many ways, the change and complexity we face as end users reflects the upstream challenges facing the healthcare industry at large.
»Kennedy Corner: Change Management; Easier Said Than Done
Business leaders have an arsenal of management tools at their disposal ready to deploy for almost any business need, from boosting revenues to increasing efficiencies and managing risk.
» View all
»Hilton’s Building Boom
Coming off a whirlwind 2012, Hilton Worldwide is the fastest growing global hospitality company by number of rooms.
»Extended Stay America Serves Up Free Breakfasts With ‘Grab and Go’
Extended Stay America launched a new Grab and Go Breakfast program, which is available seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at all of its more than 600 locations.
»Homewood Suites Survey: Comfort is King
A new survey of frequent business travelers found that they want more room to spread out, the ability to maintain a normal routine and opportunities to interact with business associates and fellow travelers.
»Furnished Quarters Wins CARTUS Award
Furnished Quarters was awarded the CARTUS Global Network’s Commitment to Excellence Award for the third consecutive year.
» View all
»Excerpt: Finding Your Firm’s Growth Engine
The following is an excerpt from Leading Firms: How Great Professional Service Firms Succeed & How Your Firm Can Too by David C. Kuhlman. In the book, Kuhlman distills 25 years of
experience advising senior management at some of the world’s most prominent consulting firms. This excerpt from Chapter Six: “The Growth Engine” explores two of the key factors driving growth in the most successful firms.
»Excerpt: The Online Marketing Revolution
The following is an excerpt from Online Marketing for Professional Services, a thought-provoking and practical approach to online marketing by authors Aaron E. Taylor, Sylvia Montgomery, Sean T. McVey and Lee W. Frederiksen.
»Review: Tipping Sacred Cows
We all have those sacred cows at work, but these nuggets of advice, in practice, can lead to career-limiting unintended consequences.
»Review: Playing to Win
If strategy is about creating a competitive advantage that allows a firm to win, then pinpointing your strategy to just a few choices will dramatically increase your chances of success.
»Review: Seeing the Big Picture
According to Kevin Cope, founder of Acumen Learning and author of Seeing the Big Picture, all companies are driven to success or failure by the same five simple drivers—cash, profit, assets, growth and people
»Review: Get Lucky
As the pace of change accelerates and the volume of information explodes, everyone is under great pressure to connect with the people and ideas we need to thrive.
- Renewal. We will make reasonable attempts to contact you when your subscription is due to expire, and offer a process for renewing your subscription. If your subscription expires before acceptance of our renewal offer, your access to Consulting magazine and all of its services will terminate without additional notice.
- Limitations on Use.
- The content available through Consulting magazine is the property of Kennedy Information, or in some instances, our licensors. The content is protected by copyright and additional intellectual property laws. You may repurpose the content available through Consulting magazine only for non-commercial personal use. You agree not to repurpose, sell, publish, distribute, retransmit or otherwise provide access to the content from Consulting magazine to anyone, for any reason
- With permission from Kennedy Information, you may distribute a copy of an article or a portion of an article from Consulting magazine in non-electronic form. Please contact us at +1-603-357-8197 if you require redistribution permission.
- You agree not to extract from, in any way Consulting magazine content for use on any web site or other electronic media. With the exception of our RSS Service (see section 4. D. below), you agree not to extract or post any content from Consulting magazine to newsgroups, mail lists or electronic bulletin boards, without our prior written consent. Please contact us at +1-603-357-8197 if you require consent to post Consulting magazine content.
- You agree not to use Consulting magazine for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to terminate your access if you provide feedback that is trademarked or otherwise protected, or is vulgar or offensive.
- Third Party Services. Consulting magazine may link to other companies on ConsultingMag.com. By using the website, you agree that we are not responsible for, and do not control, those web sites, software, and/or services.
- DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. LIMITED WARRANTY: Kennedy Informaiton does not warrant the information contained in Consulting magazine or www.ConsultingMag.com website will meet your requirements or that the operation of the website will be uninterrupted or error-free. Kennedy Information does not assume any liability to any person for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions in the information or content in Consulting magazine or, www.ConsultingMag.com whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident or any cause. In no event will Kennedy Information be liable to you for any damages, including any lost profit or wages, lost savings or other incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use such information or content contained therein, even if Kennedy Information has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any other party.
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of New Hampshire, U.S. Should you have any questions concerning this Agreement, you may contact Kennedy Information, LLC.